Agharta Protocol Update

Hi all, this “Agharta” protocol update will make ETC have compatibility with ETH! Sweet! Go Saturn Network! :+1::+1:

1 Like

That sounds awesome! What does it mean, exactly? Will we be able to trade ETH assets directly for ETC ones?

3 Likes

“The simple answer is that it makes life easier for parties operating on both blockchains. For example, Hyperledger Besu, Parity, and Multi Geth have all released clients that are compatible with Agharta, which is why the upgrade has been carried out so smoothly - as node operators have not run into difficulties to update their clients. Furthermore, improved compatibility between the two chains should attract more developers that wish to access a larger market (ETH+ETC) which in turn will accelerate the development of Ethereum Classic’s ecosystem.” This is from the recent post: https://www.saturn.network/blog/ethereum-classic-successfully-implements-agharta-protocol-upgrade/ Hope this helps! Cheers :grinning:

2 Likes

No, this upgrade is more around ensuring the big Ethereum clients (parity, besu, multi-geth) will be compatible with ETC, and in turn this will help improve ETC’s performance as it should makes things a bit easier for node operators. It also means when ETC carries out further upgrades there should not be any problems updating parity, besu and multi-geth to continue being compatible. Support for Classic Geth has now stopped and I don’t think it will be updated.

Also increasing compatibility between the two chains will help bring in more developers that work on both networks simultaneously, as there will be less shall we say fiddling which i believe will bring growth to ETC. There has definitely been good news for Ethereum Classic lately:

• Hyperledger Besu - ETC support was added to Besu in December 2019 (funded by ETC Cooperative and implemented by ChainSafe).
  • Etcnodes.org - Fantastic analytical dashboard and tracking tool for ETC nodes which has made it much easier to follow hard-forks.
  • Expedition.dev - New block explorer, which from my experience, is the first tool to show accurate Gas Price estimations.
  • Vyper integration - Developers can now write smart contracts in Vyper and are no longer restricted to Solidity.

Much of this has been funded by ETCCooperative btw so if you are holding ETC i would definitely start following their updates: https://twitter.com/ETCCooperative

3 Likes