BTC vs BCH? Why such contention?

Newbie here, fully in support of decentralized, deflationary money. I’m sorry if this has been posted and answered in full before. I’m trying to understand the conflict between BTC and BCH. There are a few other subs for these and some feel very biased/emotionally charged/ridden with trolls. I’m trying to do my own research but there’s only so much I understand with cryptography and blockchain.

The biggest challenge I see with crypto isn’t transaction speed or fees (even though those are obviously important if it’s to be used as currency), but its resilience to a small central group of “elites” (in our current system, the private central banks & whoever they manage to bribe) being able to hijack and regulate monetary policy at will. This results in fiat currencies being used to effectively rob the majority of people in many countries so far of their saved up wealth by rapid inflation.

I want to morally and financially support the projects that give us the best chances of achieving the above. I’ve heard both “coin X isn’t true anymore, coin Y is the real deal” and “coin Y is just trying to hijack coin X” and everything in between.

What are your thoughts and where should I research next?

Thanks!!
usps tracking showbox

The key difference between BTC and BCH is the block size. The Bitcoin block size is limited to 1 MB, while Bitcoin Cash offers a block size of 8 MB. I prefer BTC over BCH. I buy and sell them via https://changehero.io/ exchange platform.