Help with development

dapp-development

I am creating a dApp for my ERC223 token(Nemesis) and I have came upon a wall within my development. I am having the worst time with web3, I have learned some basic solidity and all I want to do is create a GUI for my smart contract but I cannot even do that. I have watched countless videos on YouTube, but most are months old and nothing was able to help me with my project. If someone could possibly point me in the right direction of what to do, that would be extremly helpful at this point. I am guessing the code I have been using is deprecated, but I have even tried the code from their GitHub and I still cannot figure out what is going on. Thanks for any replies ahead of time.

Here is a screenshot of what is going on. I have closed the ABI for a better look at my script tags. Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone may have.
These are my dependencies from my package.json file as well,
"dependencies": { "web3": "github:ethereum/web3.js" }

nerd answer is that you need to learn modern javascript, and learn to use tools like webpack.

In terms of pointers to get you started, I highly recommend that you learn a modern frontend library like React or Vue. Doing some simple html and some <script> tags just doesn’t cut it in 2018 anymore.

Don’t be scared! These libraries are quite easy to get started with, and official tutorials for both are outstanding. You can make your first app in one evening, and then take this knowledge towards building dApps.

Depending on which one you choose to learn, there are some pointers on how to get started building dApps.

If you plan to develop smart contracts:

Now for the user interface part, pick and choose from the following:

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the info @Neuron it is greatly appreciated. I will start looking through those links asap. I was planning on using the mean stack and electron with my dApp. I’m not a huge fan of React and I’ve never used Vue. One problem I have as well is that I am using Windows 8.1 so I cannot use truffle or Ganache, I have tried before but I need Windows 10 which I am planning on upgrading soon. I have been using ropsten to create my smart contracts and I have been using node to run testrpc to attempt the front end of my smart contract but I’m really not sure why the Web3 won’t even sync with my localhost8545. Once I can get my smart contract talking to the blockchain then I was going to start and work on all the angular and everything else.

really not sure why the Web3 won’t even sync with my localhost8545

I’m not really sure what I should be doing there. I don’t have geth installed on my computer, so should I be running an ethereum node? I was only using the web3 provider within remix so I am guessing I don’t have everything set up properly or I dont have the correct software installed. I was also thinking that it could be a problem that I am not using truffle. I may just have to put my project aside until I can get Windows 10 and see what I can do from there. Everything can be a bit confusing because I am still learning everything,. One question I have is should I even be attempting to build a dApp if I only have about a month experience with solidity? I have noticed this is way different from the development I’m used too, so I don’t know all the ins and outs or even all the terminology yet. Thanks again for your help @Neuron

should I even be attempting to build a dApp if I only have about a month experience with solidity?

Yes!

I may just have to put my project aside until I can get Windows 10

Yes, set up your dev environment first. Crawl, Walk, Run.

Thank you @Neuron I will see what I can do and if I have any issues I’ll be sure to let you know.

yeah this is the thing quite controversial these days the development of these tokens are for the developers to learn about but the learning must not be in difficult way i started learning about the development from different sites and from the online mediums but this thing is just waste of time and nothing else because there is no online platform having the complete information and guide line everything so scattered then i just join an online community a network of thousand people it is Bit.college they got complete information about every thing about development

at Bit.college