Help with light node on Ethereum Classic

Been playing with Saturn wallet and Parity after reading this. I like the idea of running a local node but I’m finding setting this up is non-trivial. Running the latest Xubuntu, here is how I’m currently testing this out:

./parity --chain=classic --jsonrpc-cors=“all” --light

The node seems to be working but now I want to use it with Saturn Wallet. I added my localhost to the new RPC Url section, http://localhost:8545/ , but then my ETC address shows up as ETH. When going to the Saturn exchange and trying to trade some STRN it says I’m on the wrong network.

Am I missing something obvious or is this a bug? Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome, Mike! It sounds like you may just need to switch your Saturn wallet from ‘Main Ethereum Network’ to ‘Ethereum Classic’ in the drop-down menu on the top left.

1 Like

Welcome @mikelaidlaw glad to see you are trying to set up your own light node.

Yes, first off do make sure that you were connected to ETC before adding your custom network. I also believe your parity command should be the following:

./parity --chain classic --jsonrpc-cors all --light

Not sure if the = messes anything up but I do not think they are needed.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile: I updated the command and also deleted the old RPC and switched to the ETC network first before re-adding the custom RPC and the issue remains . I’m also using Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

1 Like

Have you tried making an Ethereum Classic transaction while being connected to your localhost endpoint? Let’s make sure your light node is working correctly first I think, try to send some ETC or STRN tokens to a different wallet address. Does it confirm as intended?

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s precisely where I’m stuck because it shows up as ETH in my saturn wallet and I’m concerned I’ll lose the ETC if I try sending it. Here is the picture when connected to ETC main:

This is how it is suppose to look.

1 Like

This is how it looks when I choose the localhost RPC:

1 Like