How to buy ETH with credit cards in the USA

ethereum
guides

If you have been using crypto for a while you probably noticed how difficult buying cryptocurrency like BTC or ETH has become. It wasn't long ago that you could buy ETHER from hundreds of websites with paypal or a credit/debit card just like buying anything else. Now buying cryptocurrency from say Coinbase for instance will require you to wait several days for identification verification. On top of this you often get 14 day holds placed on your USD account or cryptocurrency balance. This isn't good business practices as it hurts the barrier to entry for even major cryptocurrency markets. It is a terrible user experience from one of the leaders of buying digital currencies for trading or online purchases.

How Do You Buy ETH Online With A Credit Card In The USA without waiting 14 days to be able to use it?

This is the exact question I asked after doing business with coinbase for over 1 year. During the 14 days I waited for my funds to be released I bought thousands of dollars worth of digital assets including ETH from all of their competitors and what I uncovered is riveting. In the article I am going to share with you information about cryptocurrency that you must know in order to start buying it online. Much of the information will also benefit you no matter what country you are in.

Are your Ready? Buckle up and enjoy this riveting article about how to buy crypto online with a debit or credit card and follow along the exact steps and reasons why I have decided to completely flip my trading and currency buying experiences upside down!

Let's First Examine Some Facts You Must Know Before Buying ETH Online.

These tips and tricks are sure to help you on your journey to purchasing ETH. Ethereum is an amazing blockchain and the currency is called ETHER, It trades under the Symbol ETH and is super easy to get started using once you know some of the ins and outs about it. Eth is the second most used currency behind Bitcoin and many speculate that it is just a matter of time before ETH replaces Bitcoin as the digital currency of choice! Bitcoin lovers please rant in the comments below.

The ethereum blockchain allows companies and developers the ability to build other currencies using their existing blockchain technology and this is one reason it is so popular. By doing this companies large and small can take advantage of secure wallets and the power of the Ethereum blockchain to help scale their business. Stish the cryptocurrency is just one example of a digital asset developed on the Ethereum blockchain that people can easily send, and trade using Ethereum blockchain technology.

To send and receive ETH and tokens built on the Ethereum blockchain you will need 2 things right now. You must have a wallet address and a private key. Often centralized exchanges create ETH wallets that users can use to make transactions but you do not have full control over these without the private keys. So be sure you create a wallet address that you own entirely and possess the private key. NEVER SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEY EVER!

An easy way to think about how it works for me is that your wallet address is sorta like a bank account number and your private key is the cryptographic password. When these 2 things come together you can send funds from the wallet and sign messages validating your ownership. ETH wallet address always start with Ox and look similar to this:
0x7673Ba7A671e6C439222B447E32CA22B6Da428c6 again it is fine to share this so people can send you funds but NEVER SHARE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS!

The fastest way to create a wallet if you are a member of Stish, is to just visit your Stish Wallet Management Page. If you are not a member there are several fast ways to create secure wallets online.

Let's look at the 2 most popular ways to create a wallet address.

Both of the tools that you are about to learn about are tried and true and have come a long way in making wallet management easy for users. Both ways to quickly and securely create an ETH wallet address involve adding a plugin/extension to your browser. Chrome, Firefox, and Brave browsers are popular for using both. With both you will need to make sure you have a solid piece of paper and a pen or a way to copy and paste and secure your seed word phrases and private keys. DO NOT EVER SHARE THESE WITH ANYONE. KEEP THEM SAFE.

• Saturn Wallet - The Saturn Wallet is popular because it works just like the other wallet and even has the same look and feel of the other wallet but comes with less work for the end user. Many tokens information for displaying how much of each you have is automatically populated for you. The Saturn Wallet works flawlessly with the popular decentralized exchange https://Saturn.Network and for that reason it is one of my favorite wallet creation tools. Once installed it is super easy to create a wallet, export and download the private key for safe keeping. This wallet tool assists in sending and view received ETH and ETH based currency like Stish. CREATE - SEND- RECEIVE-TRADE!
  • Meta Mask - The original browser based wallet tool for interacting with Ethereum. In the early days it was buggy and glitchy and actually very hard to use but it has come a long way. From time to time I still use both but I found you can't have both open at the same time as they conflict. Meta Mask has laid the groundwork for secure wallet creation and sending and viewing receive ETH and Tokens. It doesn't auto add token information so if you are trading tokens you might not be able to have as much fun. You will need to find the token's contract address, decimals and trading symbol and manually add the token to view if you have any. This can be time consuming and hinder trading.

How Do You Buy ETH WITH A Credit Card I Have My Wallet Address Now?

During our 14 days waiting for our ETH to be released we decided it was now time to do some serious exploration into how to buy ETH online with a credit card. Like many of you, we went to website after website only to find out that they did not serve our market yet. Many will never serve our market and I believe possibly are out and out scam sites. So where do you go who do you trust and why?

Not everyone who wants to use ETH is a miner. In fact most people are not mining ETH to use it in everyday purchases or trading. With low transaction fees when compared to Bitcoin, ETH just makes sense for cost minded individuals. ETH has proven to be a secure reliable cryptocurrency running on a great blockchain. If you are not mining ETH then why do you want to buy it?

5 Reason To Buy ETH Online:

• ETH is Immutable. Which means It is hard to hack
  • ETH has low transaction fees. It is cheaper to send between parties.
  • ETH has liquidity. Which means generally it can be converted back into USD or your government issued currency, or other digital currency quickly.
  • ETH is stable. In comparison to many cryptocurrencies ETH is not as volatile and there are plenty of resources available to watch for trading opportunities.
  • ETH is easy to learn about. There are countless articles online like this one that can help you learn more about ETH. There are loads of tools and resources available no matter how you plan to use ETH.
  • ETH protects your privacy. You don't have to give out sensitive information when using ETH as a form of payment. Generally I buy from one website all of my ETH and then I can conduct business online with anyone in the world. This lowers my risk of credit card fraud and identity theft because I just lowered how many places I'm punching in those numbers and details astronomically.
  • ETH helps small businesses like www.Stish.io grow and that can help change the planet by restoring the power back to the people instead of big companies that buy political favors and start wars.

After literally attempting to buy ETH from every website we could find we came up with a very short list of alternative to Coinbase. One that we had used before but we had much difficulty now was Changelly. There were two major issues all of sudden. One was a crazy difference in the display price when you first see if you can swap USD for ETH. You might first see a fair trade but once you get toward the checkout process you realize that there is about a 15-20% fee being deducted. So if $100 dollars buys an ETH on the Exchange you can generally expect to see $100 buying slightly less than a full ETH. In some instances when we tested we even seen enough to buy one ETH at the time only going to actually give us .64 ETH which is an enormous amount of fees to simply buy ETH. Once we actually arrived at the final pay screen we were notified that, The Currency or Payment (which was a credit card) was not available in our area.

Website after website refused to sell us ETH for USD via credit card or debit card. After asking many companies what the deal was via twitter, facebook, or email, most responded with a canned security warning that looked eerily similar to the bs security warning from coinbase. After several days of frustrations and rants a few people literally sent us ETH which we have now sent back. We did greatly appreciate the ETH until we could find a place to buy ETH with USD.

The One Website We Could Actually Use To Buy ETH with USD and What We Went Through And What You Can Expect!

We finally found a website that would allow us to create an account and they really have exceeded our expectations. Keep in mind that until this point we had found nearly a dozens websites that had not allowed us to buy ETH online for various reasons. The user experience up until this point was pathetic. The only website that we could buy from put a 14 day hold on funds and the other website was charging crazy fees and even then we could not buy ETH.

There is a shining star in the crypto world that is doing great things for the ETH community of users. One website among the masses that delivers big time. On the other links you will find an affiliate link. We could put one on this website also but have chosen to simply tell the world how great it is to finally be able to buy ETH online with a credit card so that we too could feel the joy of trading and spending ETH like real money, safe and secure!

DON'T LET THE NAME FOOL YOU!

Coinmama wins hands down in the best place to buy ETH online with a credit card. They also offer other popular currency like Bitcoin and Ripple. There are only a few things that you need to know before you rush over and buy ETH for the first time or for the thousandth time. Here is the list of 4 things you must have ready and be prepared for so you can buy ETH online like I have been doing now for 5 out of the 14 days that we have been doing research for this article.

• You do have to provide identification. This includes a copy of a valid photo id such as drivers license or passport.
  • You do have to provide the proper address of residence and information about yourself
  • You must smile in a selfie and be able to write a note like you are robbing a bank. Seriously I had to write I LOVE CoinMama on a piece of Paper and slip it to the teller. Ok I just uploaded it along with my ID but it made it more fun to pretend I was on a secret mission.
  • WAIT... WAIT....WAIT some more... We found another company that would let us buy ETH but we had to wait so long that we decided to completely exclude them. Coinmama was less than 24 hrs and we were verified and allowed to buy ETH.

The Actual Buy Process Was Pretty Chill and Enjoyable

If you read the whole article then you already had your ETH wallet address created and knew to never share your private key with anyone. Coinama does the transaction from credit card USD to ETH the best out of any company online! I am not joking when I say this. Most of the exchanges or places you want to buy or could buy ETH are very centralized. Once you give them your money, they can arbitrarily decide to hold it for 14 days or 14 months.

SIDE NOTE: This has actually happened to me also when an exchange decided to hold a currency I was trading for 4 months. By the time it was released all I owned was a token to be burned verses being able to actually make a sell order and make a few bucks. Avoid centralized exchanges all together and you will enjoy trading crypto and buying it.

Back to why I have found Coinmama to be the only place I will buy ETH online and I hope it doesn't change any time soon. When you buy ETH from coinmama they make you enter the Wallet Address that you want it to go to. This is huge because they do not take both your USD and ETH and hold it hostage. (cough,cough... Coinbase does and whether it is in their fine print or not it isn't cool)

Within about 20 minutes after your bank has cleared the transaction or credit card company has approved the transaction you get a notification that the funds were sent and it was fast to verify. I just pulled up my Saturn Wallet and there is was. Some Pretty ETH I had finally bought online faster than coinbase could release my funds that they were holding 100% percent for no legitimate reason.

One thing you should know about Coinmama that was different verses other websites when you buy ETH. You do need to stay on the checkout page. So once the credit card info is being sent don't change pages, or close the page, Just wait a second and let it confirm everything and boom you will get a transaction receipt and have your ETH or other Currency.

Some of the other currency we purchased took a moment longer but generally within an hour we had all of the crypto that we had purchased in our wallet. Once you get past the initial wait of verification the experience is phenomenal. For this reason no other website made the list.

Now you can buy ETH and add a little to Your Stish Wallet to cover the nominal transaction fees. You can buy ETH and start trading cryptocurrency on The Saturn.Network decentralized exchange where you never lose control of your funds! May 2019 be a happy new year after all! Thanks to coinbase I found a better place to buy ETH online for USD.

coinmamaYou really can get all that you pay for. ETH was running a little over $125. On other services $1000 USD barely purchased 7.5 ETH often. Crazy Right! Now You Know!

Funny Note About ETH I thought Of While Writing!

I feel like I am talking about a no name token trying to find it's place in the world. ETH should be super easy to buy and when it is not I have no doubts why adoption is lower than expected and the price is stagnant and low. If you can't buy it easily and use it easily it will not be used by the masses. Don't overthink things team ETH.

Other Things You Might Look At For Good Measure When Buying Eth.

Great, I'm glad you created a wallet address. Another website that has good tips about creating them is https://MyEtherWallet.com and can come in handy when in a hurry. They offer other tools and services also. Another website you will use often is Etherscan for seeing the actual sending of ETH or tokens as it happens on the blockchain. It is pretty sweet.

Trading and Buying Digital Currency Is Risky and Sometimes That Is What Makes It So Much Fun. Always Do Your Research and Due Diligence. You are in control of your currency if you screw up there often isn't any way to recover funds or accounts. Be smart and don't buy currency based on emotions. Learn to read charts and trust your gut. This is not financial advice and you should seek the services of a competent professional when in doubt.

Thank you for writing this easy guide about how to buy etherium online

I sent it to Coinmama also. They sent me a thank you email and said they would share also. Plugged us both again.

Nice! Thank you for the writeup, should definitely help some of our users buy ETH :slight_smile:

Thanks for the guide, I tend to buy BTC then exchange it for ETH, but maybe I should try to buy ETH with a credit card.

I have been buying BTC and ETH from coinmama. I’m not an affiliate nor work for them or anything like that but after days of research I have been very impressed with how fast I can buy Crypto now and they do it in a decentralized manner. You buy and supply your well address and with about 20 to 30 minutes you have your crypto. The fees have been very low also. I hope they stay this way and are not just introductory this way. They now offer EUR purchases too!

@stish might want to create another guide, this time with Gemini, Kraken or Binance.je

Or better yet LocalEthereum?

And make sure you cancel any saved credit cards you had in your coinmama account!

I am so sad! We need a decentralized way to buy ETH and Other Currencies with Credit Cards. People need a trustworthy easy way to buy Crypto without all of the hacks. Sad Sad Day.:cry:

I will examine exactly how to use LocalEthereum and make purchases this way. I’m just blown away that companies do not have proper protections in place to protect their users funds.

I’m hopeful that coinmama has tightened security since 2017. This appears to be an older post that also impacted companies such as Coinbase, and in August 2017 it was part of a larger scheme that has affected 24 companies and a total of 747 million user records.