How to use pricewatch bot

saturn-trading-bots

pricewatchbot

Saturn Pricewatch bot is able to monitor any token market for you on Ethereum or Ethereum Classic, if a a buy or sell order is created at the price you have set or better then Pricewatch Bot will execute the trade for you. Please note this is an alpha version so you may come across some bugs, please do report them here on the forum.

This guide is on how you can set up the configuration file & launch the trading bot using npm, if you are a developer and want to have a look at the source code. You can find it published on our Github:

Table of Contents

1. Before launching your pricewatch bot
  2. How to run Pricewatch Bot

Before launching your pricewatch bot

1. You need to install node.js for our Pricewatch bot to run, also we recommend you install Hyper. You can follow the guide below to learn how to install node.js on your OS.
  1. Create a new wallet address to use only with your trading bot, you can name your new wallet address appropriately in Saturn Wallet so easily know which wallet is being used by your trading bot & track your balances.

1. Send the funds you are going to use to your new account, as always you will need coin to pay for Gas fees also.

2. Export your new wallet’s private key as you will need it when you launch your trading bot.

3. Pricewatch Bot is unable to submit an ERC20 Approve transaction. If you wish to use it to monitor an ERC20 token market, then first proceed to make one manual trade with your wallet to complete the ERC20 Approve transaction for the token. ( What is ERC20 approve? )

How to run Pricewatch Bot

1. Once you have node.js installed, run the following command in Hyper: npx @saturnnetwork/pricewatch-bot -h it should return the following if you have everything set up correctly:

1. The .JSON file is the important part where you set up your Pricewatch trading bot configuration so open up your favourite text editor. Here is an example:
[
  {
    "token": "0xac55641cbb734bdf6510d1bbd62e240c2409040f",
    "blockchain": "ETC",
    "action": "buy",
    "price": "0.000051",
    "houretherlimit": "0.0005"
  },
  {
    "token": "0xac55641cbb734bdf6510d1bbd62e240c2409040f",
    "blockchain": "ETC",
    "action": "sell",
    "price": "0.00006",
    "houretherlimit": "0.5"
  },
  {
    "token": "0xb9440022a095343b440d590fcd2d7a3794bd76c8",
    "blockchain": "ETH",
    "action": "buy",
    "price": "0.00001389",
    "houretherlimit": "0.0005"
  }
]

The above configuration has three different strategies that will load up on launch which are separated by curly brackets.

• The first instructions will buy Saturn Classic (which you set with the token contract which is 0xac55641cbb734bdf6510d1bbd62e240c2409040f & blockchain which is ETC) if there is an order at the price of 0.000051 or better. The price parameter is your threshold for buying or selling, so in the above example the bot will continue buying Saturn Classic from the best available orders up to the price of 0.000051 ETC but never higher. Also note the houretherlimit parameter this allows you to set a limit to the amount of coin your bot can use per hour. In this example, once the bot spends 0.0005 ETC it will stop buying until the next hour. If you do not want your bot to have any limits then you can simply set this number very high like 9999.

• The second instruction is also for Saturn Classic, but this time it is a sell strategy. If the price is 0.00006 or better. So this means we have automated the oldest trading strategy that will never fail: buy low & sell high.

• Then we can see by the third strategy that this trading bot is also runnin is to buy Saturn DAO Tokens on Ethereum ( 0xb9440022a095343b440d590fcd2d7a3794bd76c8 ), note how Blockchain is set to ETH, if an order comes up at the price of 0.00001389 ETH or better.

1. Once you are happy with your configuration file, make sure you save it as a .json file with a filepath you can easily find on your system or server. This is where you will need your wallet’s private key you exported earlier. In Hyper type the following command:
npx @saturnnetwork/pricewatch-bot -p YOUR_PRIVATE_KEY_HERE -j 'C:\Example\myfirsttradingbot.json'

Note that for your .json filepath, you may not need any brackets ' or your system may need " brackets. If pricewatch bot cannot find your .json file it will display a message couldn't get the module.

If you prefer, you can launch the bot using your 12 word seed phrase but you will need to know your wallet’s ID (if it is Account 1, Account 2 or Account 3) in Saturn Wallet and if you have many accounts already well you have probably lost track. Here is an example of how to do this:

npx @saturnnetwork/pricewatch-bot -m "radar blur cabbage chef fix engine embark joy scheme fiction master release" -i 4 -j 'C:\Example\myfirsttradingbot.json'

You use the -i to set your account ID, in the example above I would be using Account 4 by default it is set to 2 so if you leave it blank it will use Account 2 in Saturn Wallet.

1. And here is the outcome using the configuration file above:

trading%20outcome

You can see the trading bot displays the wallet address it is using and also lists the strategies you have set in the configuration file. As we can see it has spotted two opportunities to buy & is executing them. And once it has completed those trades, we can see it knows there are still buy opportunities but we have reached the hourly ether limit that was set:

hourly%20reached

For the moment there are no buy orders for Saturn Classic at the price of 0.00006 ETC or better so the bot is not trying to sell. But as soon as one does appear in the orderbook, as we can see Pricewatch bot is able to execute it:

There you have it! That was a quick tutorial to get you started. If you find any issues or have any bug reports, please report them here.

Saturn Trading Bot Guides

magicsam111

holy SAMantha :heart:

This is exactly what we needed to help market make Stish and also support trading of other tokens we are supportive of. I will be testing this out tonight I hope or by this weekend. Much love and appreciation. Cant wait to see what all will be coming once we finish raising more funding. The Saturn team is hands down the best team providing solutions for its members… while others talk about things you all keep delivering big time! :grinning:

Works on my end… Great opportunity for us all to take advantage of congrats Saturn and the whole Dao on accomplishing this milestone release.

Nice! Great to see people using it :slight_smile:

Updated tutorial to reflect some feedback:

Just note to everyone when you input the filepath for your .json file, how you need to type this into your terminal can depend on what OS your system is. You may need no brackets or you may need " or '. The easiest way to figure this out is the drag your .json file and drop it onto your terminal, normally, it will automatically input the filepath for you with the correct brackets for your system.

Thanks for the help! To everyone, please let me know if any parts of this tutorial have caused you trouble so I can amend accordingly :+1:

1 tip: to newbs like myself, since paste does not work on Hyper by using ctrl + v, if you were to have your code for example on notepad you can still copy from note and paste on hyper by just right clicking your mouse instead.

shift + insert might work as well (if you’re on desktop and have the “insert” button)

right click works properly =D

Love it!

Just wanted to highlight here that the source code has been published and reviewed line by line:

If anyone has created any custom versions and would like to share, feel free to, will happily highlight your creation.

I’ve now published a tutorial about setting up your own Virtual Private Server (VPS) to keep your trading bots running 24 / 7: