Hi Saturn members,
Hope you are all doing well. I’ve been just 1 of the many community members that follow and be really excited about Saturn. With recent “whitepaper” blog posts about Saturn Protocol v2, this project is approaching its roadmap’s final stage. Despite all the achievement so far, it’s mostly technical hard-work from the team together with Sam’s endless connection. You may hardly find any project that has such a great product, ecosystem and vision but still “under-radar” which is demonstrated by:
- A small number of social members:
- Saturn Telegram group ~ 700 members (sadly most of them are fake accounts with advertising purpose), Reddit ~200, Twitter ~4k (the greatest presence so far)
- To have a comparison, I take Tomochain (1 of our targeted blockchains to launch a DEX) which has ~9k telegram group member, Reddit ~1.5k, Twitter ~22k
- Although this is not a fair comparison because of Tomochain’s $8 mil ICO, it shows us some points to think about.
- A fairly slow progress of Final Hodl program especially on ETH.
- At the time of writing, after nearly 1 month, only ~5mil Saturn ETH sold (1.7%) while this number on ETC is ~ 90mil (30%) in which 75 mil came from 1 transaction.
- If continue this speed, it may take months to complete the hodl program, even after October (our roadmap milestone for Prometheus go live). Of course there will have some whales join in some days with big contribution hence the hodl will complete earlier. However, the best scenario is that we become decentralized in term of investor which is critical for a DAO project
- Low trading volume of Saturn & STRN token indicates low interest & awareness of the public about Saturn
Thanks to the vision of Neuron to open source Saturn DAO as a community project, I strongly believe it’s a right way to go ahead and become an eternal DAO as long as the internet exist. However, the first thing we need is a strong community, without community, there is hardly any progress after Prometheus. At this stage, we really need to find out an appropriate marketing approach within our available resource in order to reach more members and make us present enough in efficient social channels. This is not a 1-day work, it requires mixture of strategy, plan, materials, programs and measurement.
- Strategy: team Saturn has done a very good job to position its product and features amongst numerous crypto projects, especially in DEX sector.
- Plan: I don’t think we have enough focus on marketing activities so far, at least without a detail plan. What we did is being visible on as many social channels as we can. However, different channel/ customer sector need different approach.
- Twitter is a formal channel which is suitable for business/expert: we can reach experts/coders or overall enterprise reputation here. They are smart money owner and potential technical community. This is also where we find business partner
- Reddit is more of a social platform with wider community: hype/dump and crypto newbies can be found here. They are mad money owner who are continuously seeking for investing/trading opportunity
- Telegram/Discord: an instant way to get contact and acquire new community member. These channels are useless without strong administration
- Other critical channels: Medium (for blog and education, a potential reliable investor acquisition, not a bad idea to stream our content blog to there), Industry website like Cointelegraph (we may sponsor article about our valuable work), Facebook (for advertising, public awareness, trader acquisition), Linkedin (for potential DAO workers), Youtube….
- With above approaching plan in mind, we need appropriate materials respectively.
- Educational articles: we have numerous well-informative Saturn blogs. However, it can always be improved by better categorization for ease of reader. Personally, I have introduced Saturn to my friends, they are often difficult to know where to start amongst our endless blog posts. Also, most of the articles require prior understanding of crypto, not newbie friendly enough.
- Multi-language support is also very important. To make our decentralized vision reality, we need to reach international audience. I know this is mentioned in our roadmap for which we need to accelerate.
- Tutorial: in this busy world, people tend to skip reading text and be more preferable with media content. What we’ve seen so far is that many newbies find it difficult to trade on Saturn the first time due to their familiarity with CEX
- A completed set of video tutorials embed in the landing page and other media channels like Youtube, Instagram … categorized per trader, investor, business owner,… will be really valuable for Saturn to get mass audience
- Monthly AMA as a live tutorial, communicate project progress, and show our commitment to participants
- Technical tutorials, dev-kit for community developers as team Saturn’s focused so far
- Advertising materials like poster, short introduction video, sticker, banner, … will be used to run different advertising program
- This may be the most expensive program to run, seasonal implementation can be considered
- Last but not least, we need to choose appropriate marketing program and have sophisticated measurement. Whether we run a seasonal advertising on youtube/google ads or to list on a reputable ICO rating website, or sponsor some writings about us on cointelegraph … Maybe a combination of them in a pre-defined timeline.
These are the marketing works that we somehow lack so far. With the launch of Saturn protocol v2, we as DAO members can vote to employ Saturn worker for above works but we cannot wait till then. The crypto industry advances at lightning speed every day, so as our competitors. Remember that our advantage today can be outdated tomorrow. Although the team has done endless great work so far, they really need more support from community for long-term success.
Believing that team Saturn has been always expecting to see more and more community idea come up, so I write this thread and hope that every one of us feel free to bring up your idea or at least it’s something for us to think about. Community support doesn’t have to be such a commitment, instead, every little thing like re-tweeting a post, like an article, sharing marketing materials to your own social network… can do a lot of help!
Thank you for reading.
Future is bright!